Sunday, March 20, 2011

Taste of Africa At PSU

Yesterday, I was delighted to attend the African Student Association's "Taste of Africa 2011 Presents Safari Couture" at Pennsylvania State University, Altoona Campus 
(my cousin, Sherica, and her best friends Sheila & Nicolette are on ASA's E-board)!
A few of the faculty members played West African rhythm beats via drums and there were many performances by PSU dance groups both African and contemporary inspired. A few singers, poets and skits played parts in the show as well.  The intermission allowed us to inhale a sample taste of many popular African dishes like plantains and joloff rice.  
The finale: Safari Couture Fashion Show.  
I was really impressed by the many outfits that were modeled. Beautiful!  They were modern, stylish, fun, flirty, and best of all, African!  I had many favorites, some of which can not be shown because of the terrible photo quality.  I will be investing in a more professional camera soon...
Here are some of the "clearest" photos taken...sorry for the quality.
Couture clothing made by Maryland-based designer Côté Minou:
 My cousin and I
Sheila & Sherica
Nicolette & Sherica

Outfits on Sheila, Nicolette and Sherica were made by Maryland-based designer ED Rocks Idia Fashion Rocks. 



:) Genevia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...