Sunday, August 14, 2011

Showers of Blessing

To say it poured yesterday is an understatement.  It started out as a gloomy day because of the rain; then the sun came out :) 
My folks and I left the house at 5 to attend a 5 PM wedding lol (never been to a wedding that started on time soooo, it felt right lol) 
The church ceremony was lovely (check out the pictures I tweeted of the nuptials under @viceasif) followed by the reception at another location.  
This wedding marks number two of three weddings I've attended so far this Summer. 

On a more serious note: I think marriage is very sacred, special, common, yet unpopular.  Personally, I can't wait to get married (well, I guess I can wait), but many people I know don't share the same sentiments.  About 50% of unions end in divorce, and I don't intend to be a part of those extremely, depressing statistics.
Don't rush, folks. Let things fall where they may. Get married at the right time; when it's convenient for both partners and not just one partner.
So, all your friends are matrimonial? Please don't let that be the reason you jump the broom!  You shouldn't even attempt to experiment because you will not win. 
I don't claim to be an expert on this topic, in fact, I don't believe anyone is an expert on matrimony.  I just like to think of myself as a sensible person.  
Do what feels right, but it shouldn't be on a whim.  Really think about it with your significant other because after all, it is a lifetime commitment. Through thick and thin.
Above all, pray! Take it too the Lord in prayer.
Marriage is a blessing.  When you find that special person you want to be with for the rest of your life, consider it a blessing because not many people find their "soul mates" or the person that was designed for them.  
Choose wisely too, and I suppose this topic is a whole other post ...  
OK, I'm rapping, ciao!  





dress: custom made
shoes: Marni
jewelry: Christian Bernard 
bag: vintage 


Genevia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...