Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Lost Generation: It Should Have Been My Generation...

I should have lived my twenties in the 20's...
It's my favorite decade, my favorite fashion decade.
In my opinion, it was the most daring period in history.
I mostly enjoy the 20's for its revolutionizing face in fashion and women's new found equality with men.
The bob, smoking, drinking, short hemlines, men's clothing, anything goes.
Rebellion.
I should have been there... 
Can we say Out of Control?
The 20's and I would have made a good team.
Dancing as a passion, movement. 
Movement in clothing... I'm so over this form-fitting shit.
Embellishment. 
Heavy embellishment with rhinestones, sequins, beads - The Flapper Dress.
Gosh, it would have been nice to be a Flapper...
Gosh.
 It would have been great to not give a f&^%...
Euphoria.
Chanel Iman by David Sims for Vogue US.




Genevia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...